Click here to jump to it*
Information for Artists/Craftswomen
About the Festival
The 37th Annual Women in the Arts Festival will be held Friday, November 11th and Saturday, November 12th, 2022 at Edgewood United Church, 469 N. Hagadorn, East Lansing, Michigan. Attendees include people from all over the Great Lakes region and beyond. More information about the festival can be found on this website.
Located at the corner of Hagadorn and Beech Streets in East Lansing, Edgewood United Church is accessible to wheelchairs and includes an accessible restroom. Sistrum, the Lansing Women’s Chorus, will have food for sale for dinner on Friday night and all day Saturday. Eating and gathering space is provided in the social hall, helping to assure continual traffic through the crafts areas.
The festival site provides space for over 50 booths, as well as limited spaces for local non-profit groups serving women.
About the Artists’ Market
The Artists’ Market is a great place for established and aspiring artists to showcase their talents. All wares/products/services are women-designed/created/grown/distributed and delivered. In addition to being unique sales venue, many vendors note that they enjoy the “vibe” at Women in the Arts.
Using a description you provide to us, we advertise information about your business to festival attendees by listing participating artists and craftswomen on our website, social media outlets, and in the printed program. We encourage you to invite your regular customers to attend, including using Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and other electronic media. Please let your “regulars” know that you’ll be at the festival!
Please note that this show is for women-made/grown/created/distributed products ONLY and booths should be staffed by women for the duration of the event. Please respect the spirit and intent of this event.
Emerging Artists are women who are just starting to share their art with the public. Some of the ways that Women in the Arts will show support for new talent include:
- Flexibility for artists who may not have adequate inventory to have a full or half-sized booth for the weekend.
- Flexibility for artists who have not yet sold their work or are unsure of whether they can make a financial commitment to pay for a booth. (Pay at the end of the event if sales allow).
- Consultation/advice for new artists who need help with setting up a display and/or planning for participation in an event like Women in the Arts.
- Artists with additional needs are encouraged to contact the Artists’ Market Coordinator to discuss.
Logistical Information for Artists / Craftswomen
- Set up is from 2:00-5:00pm on Friday.
- Friday: The Artist Market will be open on Friday at 5 pm through the Friday night concert intermission (approximately 9 pm).
- Saturday: Artists and craftswomen may come in at 9 am. The doors open to the public at 10 am. You may begin packing on Saturday at 6:30 pm. If you cannot work within those guidelines, please work with Abby on the specifics of your load-in and strike. We may need to select your location to limit distraction for other artists.
PRICES and SPACE:
- A full space is approximately 5’ deep by 8’ long and cost $40. If you need an 8’ table provided, we will provide one for an additional $8.
- A half space is 5’ deep by 4’ long (a shared table) and costs $25.
- Electrical outlets are available; you must bring your own extension cord. It is also a good idea to bring a lamp or lighting for your booth as most of the areas require additional lighting.
- If cost poses a problem, please contact Abby. We are committed to helping women artists get exposure for their work!
DEADLINE: Applications are due by September 30, 2022. Meeting this deadline does not guarantee your space. Space is limited, and priority will be given based on date of application and seniority. In addition, consideration will be given to our desired goal of having a diverse range of artists and mediums in the Artists’ Market. Again, this show is for women-made/grown/created/distributed products ONLY and booths should be staffed by women for the duration of the event. Please respect the spirit and intent of this event.
REFUNDS: The registration fee is non-refundable. Please let us know as soon as possible if you must withdraw from the show; if we are able to place another artist in your booth, we will do so and refund your money if requested in writing.
ARTISTS’ MARKET COORDINATOR: If you have any questions, need help, or want to explain any of your specific needs, call or text Abby Wattenberg at 810.964.5319 or email email@example.com.
Ready to register? Find the form here.
We prefer you use this form to apply, but you can also download, print, and mail your application with this this form: 2019 WITA Registration.