The Women in the Arts Festival (WITA) is a celebration of regional women artists that takes place during the second weekend of November each year in East Lansing, Michigan.
The festival features a huge artist market, musicians, poets, and other creative arts as a symbol of our commitment to support women in the creative pursuits. WITA is a volunteer-run organization with the goal of creating space for creative women to showcase their talents.
Friday & Saturday, November 13-14, 2020
Hello to our wonderful Women in the Arts Community!
Rather than cancelling our annual event, we want to offer an alternative that keeps everyone safe. Our commitment to supporting women in their creative pursuits by creating space for women to showcase their talents is unwavering!
With the pandemic, artists of all kinds were devastated by all the cancellations of shows and festivals (spring to fall) and that has affected their livelihoods. We hope that you will continue to support our community of artists by visiting and shopping with them during this year’s online Festival.
Connect with our creative, compassionate community of women during these events:
- Zoom gathering “Dinner” both nights beginning at 6pm. Drop in to see your friends!
- She Said, She Said WITA and Women’s History Team Trivia, both nights starting at 6:30.
- Shopping with your favorite artists/vendors online before and throughout the event at the Online WITA Marketplace.
- Live online concert by Tret Fure on Friday, November 13. Q & A to follow.
- Performance of one woman show “Songs of My Soul” by Jori Costello. Q & A to follow.
All events are free of charge, thanks to the generosity of previous festival attendees. It is our hope that, together, we will still be able to create the beautiful feeling of community that WITA offers us every November!
Stay safe and well,
The 2020 Women in the Arts Committee
Alicia Bleil, Susan Frazier, Julie Haan, Juanita Kennedy, Val Osowski, Kate Peterson, Abby Wattenberg