36th Annual Festival
Saturday, November 13, 2021
East Lansing, Michigan
The Women in the Arts Festival (WITA) is a celebration of regional women artists that takes place during the second weekend of November each year in East Lansing, Michigan.
The festival presents a large, vibrant artist market, local and national musicians, poets, comedians, workshops and other creative arts as a symbol of our commitment to support women in the creative pursuits. WITA is a volunteer-run organization with the goal of creating space for creative women to showcase their talents.
Please continue down for additional info about the 2021 festival, COVID-19 precautions and schedule.
Hello to our wonderful Women in the Arts Community!
Your Women in the Arts Committee has been contemplating, discussing, and negotiating different options for the 2021 Festival.
What we know:
- Gathering at Women in the Arts Festival in East Lansing is a highlight of the year for many, and one that was missed in 2020. We’d like to make something happen in 2021!
- We care about our community members and will only host an event that is responsible in terms of reducing risk given the ever-changing realities of COVID-19
- Any decisions made between now and 11/13 can be superseded by policies set forth by local and state entities, as well as our host venue, Edgewood United Church, at any time
In light of the conditions mentioned above, the committee proposes a hyper-local Saturday-only event, including:
- Daystage with open mic and scheduled performers (music, poetry, spoken word). Local performers: contact email@example.com if you’d like to be part of the lineup
- A smaller-yet-still-vibrant Artist Market, with vendors/artists selected by lottery. Those who apply by September 12th will be entered into a drawing with notification on September 13th, approximately 60 days prior to the event.
- Facebook Artist Market on Marketplace for all artists, whether participating in-person or not. In-person artists can use for pre-orders and Festival pickup.
- Safety precautions: Face coverings required; careful consideration of safe capacity/distancing throughout the venue.
We look forward to seeing you again soon. While the logistics of the 2021 Women in the Arts Festival may be a bit different, the spirit remains the same and our commitment to creating space for creative women to showcase their talents remains steadfast.
Stay safe and well,
The 2021 Women in the Arts Committee
Alicia Bleil, Susan Frazier, Julie Haan, Val Osowski, Kate Peterson, Abby Wattenberg
Location & Directions
Edgewood United Church
469 N Hagadorn, East Lansing, MI
Edgewood United Church is located in East Lansing, Michigan. It’s easy to reach by foot, bike, automobile or public transportation. If you’re traveling from some distance away, you’ll want to take the Saginaw Street exit from US-127 and head east. Then you’ll make right turn (South) on Hagadorn. Turn right at Beech (Edgewood is on the corner of Beech and Hagadorn) and you’ll find parking on Beech and a spacious lot at Beech and Lexington.